Monday, December 24, 2007

I want to express my disappointment with Volkswagen. Their website lists the features & options for a 2008 2-Door Rabbit, but apparently honoring those listings means nothing to the German car manufacturer. This morning (Christmas Eve), I purchased a new 2008 Rabbit for my mother, a Christmas gift for a woman who never owned a new car in her life (my second VW purchase in three years). As we were about to drive away, I noticed that the vehicle did not have any floor mats! I immediately addressed this apparent "over sight" with the salesman, but he insisted that they are not standard features. Needless to say, I was highly disappointed with the classlessness of this. I mean, is VW becoming that cheap? Anyway, I wanted to make sure that he was correct about this, so I waited to check the website myself - which confirmed my suspicions - floor mats ARE standard.

I called customer service, but they were no help, stating that options may change without notice and there is nothing that can be done. Nice one VW.

Here is something else that just changed without notice: I most likely won't own a third V-Dub, instead choosing a manufacturer who actually cares about customer service. It's not the Floor Mats, stupid.

No comments: